Photikon Sustainability Policy
At Photikon, our foundation is the “golden rule.” This guides our actions in all we do in respect to our employees, customers and the environment. We conduct business in a socially responsible manner supporting universal human rights and contributing to our community. We believe that good business practices and environmental stewardship go hand in hand, and aspire to be environmentally conscious using sustainable business principles in all aspects of our business operations. We take pride in offering products that are of the highest quality both OEM and compatible. We provide environmentally friendly solutions to decrease the carbon footprint of the customers we serve. Our commitment to the environment and community is ongoing and will take constant improvement. We periodically review our practices to ensure they are as environmentally and economically sustainable as possible.
Our sustainability policies cover four specific focus areas: environment, customers, workplace and community.
• Provide a recycling program for all OEM and compatible cartridges.
• Provide the best products available to assist our customers seeking to reduce their carbon footprint while maintaining print quality.
• Compile annual measurements to track our carbon footprint and incorporate findings into our annual Sustainability report.
• Recycle as much waste material as possible
• Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. For example, sending invoices and quotes via email as PDF files.
• Recycle equipment that is no longer of use to the company. For example, giving away items such as computers and printers that we no longer use.
• Keep energy usage low. For example, making use of low energy light bulbs throughout and ensuring that computers are shut down after work.
• Participate in the Energy Curtailment System on a quarterly basis.
• Reuse waste paper (from the printer) where possible, making use of the blank side for notes etc.
• Purchase products with a lower environmental impact. For example environmentally safe soaps and detergents.
• Avoid unnecessary travel by making use of instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone and email.
• Provide the highest quality products available.
• Assist our customers in tracking and reducing the carbon footprint of their business.
• Provide unparalleled customer support and responsiveness.
• Provide a safe and family oriented workplace that supports each person and their individual needs.
• Treat each employee with dignity and respect.
• Seek to attract and retain the best talent from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
• Be an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy or veteran status.
• Support community programs selected by our employees through volunteer activities and financial support.
• Comply with regional and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
M. J. Condon, President/CEO